Sunday, 8 January 2012

2012...Hopes and dreams...

Hello lovelies

So its 2012, where is the time going? I love how the new year brings with it a feeling of freshness, a time to reflect on the past and set some new goals for the coming year. I thought I'd do a post on the goals I'll be working towards this year:  

  • Career ~ Since graduating with an English Literature degree this summer I have felt somewhat in limbo with regards to my career. I have been working as a receptionist in a hospital and whilst its not the worst job in the world, its a million miles away from the career I dream of having. I'd love to get into the world of  journalism or PR, this year I'm determined to get some work experience/an internship to try and get myself on the road to my dream job...

  • Blogging~ I really want to get stuck into writing my blog this year, I have a million ideas for posts and lots of beauty products to review but with a full time job its hard to find the time to sit down and write...this year I'll be making an extra special effort to get at least 3 posts up per week :)

  • Get Financially Savvy~ I want to start actually saving money this year, often I find myself pretending I'm saving for something special then blowing my wages the first weekend I get them! Perhaps I can start a little fund for the Chanel handbag I really want... ;)

  • Driving~ I've had quite a few driving lessons..I've passed my theory test but just haven't quite got to the stage of sitting the practical test... I get so nervous behind the wheel but I vow to get my licence this year!

  • Get Healthy~ I know its such a cliche to say I want to get healthier/fitter in the new year... but I know when I really make an effort to work out and eat healthier I feel so much better in myself, and that that has a positive effect on all aspects of my life
I will try my best to achieve all these goals this year and hopefully I will have enough self-belief to put my plan into action ...as Walt Disney once said
'We can achieve our dreams, if we just have the courage to pursue them'


This is a motto I will be living by this year!

Tumblr_lwzmfhhpon1r79fego1_500_large

What are your goals for the New Year?

Love Laura x x

8 comments:

  1. Great goals! My goal is similar to yours about blogging. I am currently managing an IT service Desk but would love to get into something in the beauty industry.

    http://allthingsbeautymake-upandshopping.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hope that all your dreams come true :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm doing an English Literature degree and I'm in my final year. I'm stressing about jobs because I just don't have time to apply for them right now, not with writing a dissertation, assignments, revising for exams and reading books for following lectures and seminars. I don't know how they think we can manage it all lol?! I hope you find your dream job this year :) xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. @Sarah~I remember being so stressed and thinking the exact same thing! Enjoy it though, its really hard to get a job as a graduate..I didn't realise just how hard it would be! Btw I really like your blog :) x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Good luck with these sweetie! I'm sure 2012 will be lovely for you xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I've got my fingers crossed it will be a fab year x

      Delete
  6. Wish you the best of luck creating your perfect life!!

    http://SwBeautifulLife.blogSpot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I think I'm going to need all the luck I can get haha! x

      Delete